Head over to our Discord and download the latest release in the #downloads channel, then follow the instructions in the readme.txt file included with the download.
We do not advise following YouTube tutorials. They're often outdated compared to our own documentation.
- Head over to our Discord and download the latest release in the #downloads channel.
- For all platforms, extract the files from the newer version to your existing SoH directory, overwriting the old files.
- When updating to a newer major release that requires a new OTR (see here for when a new OTR is required), do the following:
- Windows: Delete your current .otr files and the Extract folder inside the folder you have SoH installed in. Afterwards, generate the OTR like you did when first installing SoH.
- Linux/SteamDeck: Delete the .otr files inside the folder you have SoH installed in. Afterwards, generate the OTR like you did when first installing SoH.
- MacOS: Delete the .otr files inside the ~/Library/Application Support/com.shipofharkinian.soh folder. Afterwards, generate the OTR like you did when first installing SoH.
- Wii U/Switch: Generate the OTR on your PC platform of choice, then replace the OTR on your Wii U/Switch with the new one. Make sure the version used to generate the OTR is the same as what you're playing with on Wii U/Switch.
The releases follow a pattern with 3 numbers:
The first number (x.0.0) means it's a major release with new features that requires you to regenerate the OTR. How to do this is explained here.
The second number (0.x.0) means it's a major release with new features that doesn't require a new OTR.
The third number (0.0.x) means it's a bugfix release that doesn't require a new OTR.
Major releases always have their own name which is a character's name from a Sci-fi movie. Bugfix releases follow the NATO phonetic alphabet (Alfa, Bravo, Charlie, etc).
We cannot help you with this. You must own a legal copy of the game and dump the ROM using other software not provided by us. The ROMs we support are listed below.
You can check the sha1 hash of your ROM here.
Ocarina of Time Debug PAL GC (not Master Quest)
Currently the recommended option
Build team: `zelda@srd022j`
Build date: `03-02-21 00:49:18` (year-month-day)
Ocarina of Time PAL GameCube
Our only supported retail ROM of non Master Quest.
Ocarina of Time Debug PAL GC MQ
Dungeons will be Master Quest
Build team: `zelda@srd022j`
Build date: `03-02-21 00:16:31` (year-month-day)
sha1: 079b855b943d6ad8bd1eb026c0ed169ecbdac7da (Produced by decomp)
sha1: 50bebedad9e0f10746a52b07239e47fa6c284d03 (Alternate)
We are not distributing any Nintendo owned IP. Users must provide legally obtained ROMs to experience Ship of Harkinian. We also have a strict no piracy policy enforced around our community.
In completely random order, these are (some of) the things currently on our radar, no ETAs:
- Custom model support
- Custom high resolution texture support
- Mod support (with scripting language)
- Online functionality
- Parity with other randomizers
- Support for more ROM versions
This is a project done by volunteers during their spare time for free. The work gets accomplished by whoever's interested in implementing what, with a few things being prioritized as milestones for stable releases. To set deadlines would be to create unrealistic expectations that would likely never be met and cause disappointment.
Eventually. Work cannot even begin on this until the MM decomp project has completed. Check back in 2024.
This primarily relies on someone contributing to the project the work to support x platform/console. If you think you can help us support a new platform/console please reach out!
Save states are an experimental feature and not fully supported. Use at your own risk.
Enough! My ship sails in the morning!