ROM Dumping Guide
The below steps will explain how to obtain a ROM from your legally sourced, official GameCube disc.
Reminder: Obtaining the Official Game Disc is your responsibility.
You can also get a supported ROM from a PAL N64 cartridge, but that requires specialized hardware and is beyond the scope of this guide.
- Softmodded Wii or Wii U
- PAL/European Gamecube Disc
- Windows PC (it could work on Linux/macOS, but is currently untested)
- HxD or equivalent hex editor
- Ship of Harkinian ( GitHub | Discord )
- Dump your game disc using your modded Wii or Wii U. Transfer the dump to your PC.
- Use Dolphin to extract the file system contents of your disc dump.
- ISO Filesystem Browsing @ VG Resource Wiki
- Open the relevant .tgc file in HxD using the information in the table below:
- Open the "Select block" window (Ctrl + E). In the Start-offset field, enter the relevant starting offset from the table below:
- Ensure the Length and Hex options are checked, then enter 2000000 (2,000,000) into the Length field.
- Once you've entered the correct Length and Start-offset, click "OK". The raw bytes of the ROM should be selected.
- Copy the selected data (Ctrl + C)
- Create a new blank file (Ctrl + N)
- Paste the data (Ctrl + N)
Note: If HxD displays a message about changing the file size, click "OK".
- Save the file (Ctrl + S) with a .z64 extension, and place it in your Ship of Harkinian installation location, next to soh.exe.
- Validate your dumped ROM using Hasher-js.
- Proceed with setting up Ship of Harkinian as dictated in your Platform Guide.
Ocarina of Time & Master Quest
AU OoT & Master Quest